Monday, December 18, 2006
Saturday was a tiring day.So Naomi and I watched Eragon before meeting Elizabeth.Eragon the movie is not a bad movie but it missed out heaploads of important stuff from the book(like Solenbum,and the scar,and Oromis..) which will be hard to put in,in the second movie Eldest.And Joss Stone as Angela?Puh-lease.Angela Paolini (author's sister) should murder the director.Whatever.But I guess the guy who plays Eragon and the guy who plays Murtagh are good-looking enough to be added to The Good-Lookers List.Especially the guy who plays Murtagh.He has black hair and is sorta naughty-looking.Oo-er.
After meeting Eliz(and her brother) we took the MRT to Expo where her church's show was.We were like queueing up and nearly dying(and drying....) in the tres sweltering heat,and then Eliz went off to fetch Meng Siew.Finally the doors open and we all rushed in to get good seats 'cos it was free-seating.We initally found a row of 5 seats near the front,then Eliz's brother decided to change seats for some reason(!).We changed seats THREE times in total,and forgive me if I say this,but we were seating more and more away from the stage.The preshow had barely started when Eliz and Meng Siew arrived.It was...a magic show.It was entertaining and I liked to figure out how the magicians did it.I read about some of the tricks in
The Prestige,and I began to half-expect they might do
The Transported Man,and Lawrence Kong(the magician) would reveal his twin or something.Nevermind,my imagination ran away,so did my mouth.
When he started preaching at the end,I felt a tad uncomfortable.I am not a Christian,but an atheist.Maybe one day I'll join a religion like my sister did this year,but for now...I prefer to do and think what I like.Anyway,it ended very late,at about 10.30pm.I had told my parents to come at 9.30pm and they were getting impatient and sorts.
It's time to start on revising already,and I have started.
i thought the world of you
11:49 AM